With the possibility of storms from the south, farmers should check that:
- They have adequate levels of fuel in their backup generators, trucks and farm implements.
- Spouting and gutters are clear.
- Culverts and other road crossings are clear of debris and free flowing.
- Drainage and containment structures are clear of any refuse and debris.
- Review/check emergency call phone lists, fire extinguishers, flashlights and smoke detectors.
For more information and checklists see:
Please pass this around to those you know.